Art Space Portsmouth is pleased to welcome Josefina Posch the recipient of the Art Space Portsmouth International Residency 2010.
The three-month Art Space Portsmouth International Artist's Residency is aimed at emerging fine artists with some experience of professional practice who may have had limited exposure in the UK and whose work is engaged with contemporary debate within the international art world.

Josefina will be in residence until the end of November 2010. Please follow her journey here:


Friday 12 November 2010

Tattoo Design for the Exhibition

One of the things I noticed when I did the body-castings for the sculptures was that it seemed that every person from Portsmouth had one or more tattoos. This spurred discussions regarding the history of tattoos in Portsmouth and I found out that there will even be a Tattoo Convention here this spring. Even though I decided not to go as far as Katayoun suggested: that I should actually tattoo my sculptures I instead opted to incorporate a tattoo design element into the enclosure part of the installation. 

The tattoo, that is designed by Neil Hardcastle of  warehaus studio  specifically for my art project, contains the title of the exhibition and will replace the Adam and Eve Dürer silkscreen I used on the Pentagon for the " In My Secret Life - Det Stora Vidunderliga ".

Tattoo design by Neil Hardcastle www.warehausstudio.com

No comments: