Art Space Portsmouth is pleased to welcome Josefina Posch the recipient of the Art Space Portsmouth International Residency 2010.
The three-month Art Space Portsmouth International Artist's Residency is aimed at emerging fine artists with some experience of professional practice who may have had limited exposure in the UK and whose work is engaged with contemporary debate within the international art world.

Josefina will be in residence until the end of November 2010. Please follow her journey here:


Saturday 25 September 2010

The first days.

The day after I arrived from Gothenburg, I met with Natalie Dowse at the Art Space Portsmouth where she gave me the keys to the space that was going to be my studio for the next 3 months. It is perfect and has everything an artist can wish for: natural light, good ceiling height, an industrial sink and for a sculptor the very important elevator since it is on the second floor.
I am very happy and excited to get going with my project.

Since the weekend came up fast I took the opportunity on the suggestion of my home away from home host(ess) Katayoun Dowlatshahi to explore Portsmouth and Southsea by following the Millennium Chain. A great walk that took almost the whole day and led me through the historical waterfront.

No comments: